Sunday, October 26, 2008

IELTS

Yesterday I have an IELTS test with my friends in UNI SA.
What is IELTS?
International English Language Testing System.

It measures ability to communicate in English across all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking, for people like me, who need to get registered in the nurses board of South Australia. We have to score band 7 in order to get register with them. But to enter UNI SA, band 6 will be enough.

For listening, it was quite 'okay'.

For reading, gosh.......
What the ****?
Have to read and read then try to figure out the correct answer. I have to set in my mind that this reading test only last for ONE HOUR! Can't take my sweet time reading word by word. I din't realize it was only 20 minutes left. End up, I only did A FEW questions from the last page. Gosh... It was too late for me to finish every questions in that short 20 minutes. I think I only did 5 questions!!! Ah... I hate myself!!! Then what did I do? Just 'tembak' answers. What to do? Who knows I 'tembak' the correct answers.

Then move on to writing test, at least still better than the reading part. I hope I wrote the correct points and not much grammar mistake.

After that, speaking!
Worse still!!!
Dunno how to answer.
My mind suddenly went BLANK!!!
I looked at him, he looked at me. This is how I lose marks. %%%
First, he asked me to introduce myself.
Then, ask me a question on ' Describe a person who is good at his/her own job'
This was ok, but move on, I forgot what question he asked about. As long as I knew I don't know how to give answers.

So let's see how is my result going to be.

No comments: