Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Permanent Hair Removal

Came across something interesting in COSMOPOLITAN last night.

"Laser is a great option for anywhere on your body, the hair just needs to be thick and dark enough for the laser to travel to the root - and you also need a pretty high pain threshold."
That's right! What I want now is a PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL at my leg. I've been spending on waxing and shaving products but all it can do is to remove hair TEMPORARY. There are several methods to remove the hair on our body.

Laser hair removal uses a single wavelength of light (laser) to target, heat and damage hair follicles. Laser hair removal is much less painful than waxing, plucking or electrolysis.


Electrolysis works by inserting a fine needle into the hair follicle and applying an electric current to destroy the hair root. The loosened hair is then removed with tweezers.

Intense Pulsed Light (IPL)
works on the same principle of heating and damaging the hair follicle, but instead of using a single wavelength a flash lamp emits hundreds of wavelengths in each burst of light.

I'm still considering those two methods - laser or electrolysis. I think both are painful, but I'll enjoy the results. I'll go to any beauty salon to ask for the price.

No comments: